The last couple of weeks have been very hectic, with my mum in hospital and my son enlisting to the army, we needed to nourish our bodies and the Huiji Waist Tonic collaboration came at just the right time!!
We love the freshness of the fish cutlets and the delicate taste of the herbal gravy. The premium herbs that are in the Huiji Waist Tonic can help to ease backaches and lower back pain. It can also combat fatigue, rheumatism and insomnia. Its health benefits include enhancing blood circulation and nourishing vital energy.
If you like this recipe, be generous and give us some feedback/comments below. Like and follow us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram (@TheRealBeyondNorm) and YouTube (@BeyondNormEats), to get the latest exciting updates and videos. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran.
Serves 4 to 5 persons
2-3 pieces freshest Fish Cutlets (Snapper or Grouper)
4 large Red Dates
1 tablespoon Wolfberries (leave some for garnishing)
300 ml homemade stock/water
1 cup Huiji Waist Tonic
8 slices ginger
Some salt and pepper
Some shredded ginger
Some chopped spring onions
- Combine the homemade stock/water, Huiji Waist Tonic, red dates and most of the wolfberries in a saucepan. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Rinse the fish fillets then pat them dry.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Prepare a steamer and let the water boil.
- Pour the herbal sauce over the fish and place in the steamer. Steam on high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or till the fish is cooked through.
While the fish is steaming:
- Heat up the cooking oil in a frying pan and add in the shredded ginger.
- Fry till the ginger is golden brown then set aside.
When the fish is done:
- Remove the fish from the steamer, then sprinkle with some chopped spring onions, the fried shredded ginger and some wolfberries. Serve immediately.