Recently, my mum was in hospital for 3 weeks. Having to visit her in the hospital almost every day caused me to stop cooking for the family. Eating out all the time was very daunting for my family and I, so since it was a weekend night and I was not visiting mum, I thought it will be great to whip up at least one or two homecooked dishes for my family.
I was delighted that once again that I was able to create this quick and easy Laksa Prawn Pancake for the family using Dancing Chef’s Laksa Paste. The laksa paste indeed added a twist to the normal prawn pancake that I usually cook. It added an extra oomph to the pancake!! If you like this you might also want to try our “Din Tai Fung” Style Prawn Pancake (脆皮虾饼).
If you like this recipe, be generous and give us some feedback/comments via our blog. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran. You can like us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram and YouTube @beyondnormblog to get the latest updates and videos.
Serves 2 to 3 persons
1 sheet dried bean curd sheet
3 tablespoons laksa paste
½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Some oil for frying
- Remove shell from the prawns and devein them.
- Smash the prawns on the chopping board and then mince them.
- Add in the laksa paste and marinate it for 30 minutes.
- Gently wipe the bean curd skin on both sides with a clean, damp cloth; this is to get rid of the salt coating.
- Cut 1 or 2 pieces of the dry bean curd sheet into 6 inches x 4 inches or you can cut it according to your desired size.
- Spread the prawn laksa paste on half the piece of cut bean curd sheet.
- Next fold the bean curd sheet in half and set aside.
- Repeat till the paste is used up.
- Heat up some oil in a non-stick pan, on medium-low heat.
- Pan fry on one side till golden brown.
- Flip the pancake over to pan fry the other side till golden brown or prawn paste is completely cooked.
- Dish out and cut into smaller pieces. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Note: This is a collaboration with #DancingChef