This morning as I was in the market at my regular pork stall, my eyes caught hold of two beautiful looking pig’s stomachs and they were eagerly awaiting me. I guess you knew what happened, I made Pig Stomach Soup! (Full Recipe Here // Watch the Video Here)
After cooking the two pig stomachs, I realised that I have excess and I thought it would be a good idea to try out something new and interesting; Stir-Fried Pig’s Stomach. Have you eaten this dish before? If you haven’t, you should try it! We just love how the texture and the flavour of the dish turned out!!
Hope you will try his recipe! Be generous and give us some feedback/comments via our blog. Like and follow us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram (@TheRealBeyondNorm) and YouTube (@BeyondNormEats), to get the latest exciting updates and videos. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran.
Serves 4 persons
1 pig’s stomach
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon dried prawns, chopped
1 tablespoon stock fish, chopped (optional)
3 to 5 dried chillies, cut into half
1½ tablespoons dark soy sauce
½ tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Spring onions, chopped
For cooking the Pig’s Stomach:
5 slices of ginger
1 sprig of spring onion
1 tablespoon of cooking wine
Cooking the Pig’s Stomach:
- Add pig’s stomach, ginger, spring onions, cooking wine and enough water into a pot and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about an hour.
- Transfer out and let cool.
- Then slice the stomach into pieces.
- Heat up a frying pan with oil.
- Add in the garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add in the dried prawns and stock fish. Fry for 1 minute.
- Then add in the dry chillies and fry for another minute.
- Now add in the sliced pig’s stomach and the seasoning.
- Fry till everything is well mixed.
- Dish out and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.