Recently, my schedule has been very tight and I wanted to whip up a fuss free vegetable dish. So I decide on Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish as one of my dishes. The only tedious part of this dish is the plucking of the roots off each bean sprout.
I have observed that quite a number of people disliked this dish when they were younger but for some reason begin to like this dish when they are older. Strangely enough, I am one of them. Up till today, I still wonder why…
Believe it or not, you will forget about the workload when you start enjoying the fragrant fried salted fish and the natural sweetness of the crunchy bean sprouts!
If you like this recipe, be generous and give us some feedback/comments via our blog. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran. You can like us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram and YouTube @beyondnormblog to get the latest updates and videos.
es 4 persons
300g Bean Sprouts
3 pieces Salted Fish (cut into small pieces)
3 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
2 Stalks of Spring Onions, cut into 3cm long
Fish sauce (to taste)
Chinese cooking wine
- Heat a wok over medium-low heat. Add oil.
- Pan fry the salted fish till it is crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same wok, add in the chopped garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add in the bean sprouts and stir fry for a minute or till just cooked.
- Next, add in the salted fish.
- Add in some fish sauce (according to your taste) and cooking wine.
- Lastly, add in the spring onions and mix well.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.