There are days where instead of cooking something elaborate, I want a fuss-free meal and I will usually cook steak… Boring I know.. and recently we have been having steak/beef quite frequently so I am sure my two VIPs would prefer something else. So for tonight’s dinner, I decided to cook some pork chops instead of steak. This tender and juicy pork chop will be dressed up with a tangy and sweet orange sauce and accompanied with a simple salad. Mmm…. What a meal!! 🙂
We love to hear from you so once you have tried this recipe, we hope that you could provide us with some feedback/comments either via our blog or by joining our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group. You can like us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page or subscribe to our blog via the right side bar to get the latest updates.
150g x 3 pieces bone-in pork chop (1/2-inch thick)
Some black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1½ cups of fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
Cooking the Pork Chop:
- Apply salt all over the pork chops and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Then rinse and pat dry.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops evenly with pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium low heat.
- Add pork chops and cook for about 3½ to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Remove from pan.
- Place the pork chops onto a serving plate and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Making the orange sauce: