I always love the blended taste of fish sauce and lemongrass in Vietnamese food. Lemongrass marinade is always so flavorful and has a combination of salty and sweet, mind you it is pretty irresistible!! This is a pretty simple Vietnamese dish which I am sharing here and it is great for those who want to have a quick dish prepared.
As the pork loin is thinly sliced (4mm), I only need to marinade it for about 20 to 30 minutes and I prefer to pan fry the pork instead of grilling them. However, here is a word of caution, YOU NEED TO WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK! The marinade has some honey in it so they might burn easily if you overcook the meat.
If you love Vietnamese food, don’t miss out on all our recipes, like and follow us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram (@TheRealBeyondNorm) and YouTube (@BeyondNormEats), to get the latest exciting updates and videos. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran.
Serves 2 to 3 persons
400g pork loin
1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of honey/sugar
4 cloves of garlic (minced finely)
1 small red onion (minced finely)
1 stalk lemongrass (trimmed and finely chopped)
2 stalks of chilli (finely chopped)
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil
Some coriander leaves for garnishing
- Slice the pork loin into 4mm thick.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Arrange the pork slices in a single layer and set aside.
- Combine the honey/sugar, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, chilli, and pepper.
- Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the marinade over the pork and marinate at room temperature for at least an hour or overnight.
Pan-frying of pork:
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add oil.
- Add the slices of pork and pan fry for 1 to 2 minutes or till meat is cooked through.
- Flip the meat over to the other side and pan fry for another 1 to 2 minutes or till meat is cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pork to a serving dish.
Cooking the sauce for the pork:
- Pour in all the marinade into the hot pan and bring it to boil.
- Once the sauce is boiled, pour it on the cooked pork slices.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steam rice and sliced cucumbers.
3 thoughts on “Recipe: Pan-Fried Lemongrass Pork (Thịt Heo Chiên)”
Looks so good
Is it ok if we will to marinade the pork and left in the fridge instead of room temperature
Yes you can leave it in the fridge too. 🙂 Happy cooking!