As a family, we love fish and every now and then you will see a fish dish on our dinner table. If you are like us, check out some of our other fish recipes on our website.
I think steamed fish is the best way to savour the freshness, tenderness and silky texture of the fish. This Steamed Herbal Fish is no exception. Moreover, it is enhanced by the herbal gravy and with almost 0% fat in this dish!! Those who are watching their waistline will welcome this dish. Hahaha. Hence, I would classify this dish as a healthy dish, as the herbal infused gravy helps to replenish the nutrients to our bodies without compromising on the taste. Wait no more and let’s start eating healthier!
Let us know what you think about this recipe and give us some feedback on what you would like to see next. We would also like to welcome you to join our Mummy’s Kitchen Facebook Group for food lovers like you, whether newbie or veteran. You can like and follow us on Beyond Norm’s Facebook Page and subscribe to our blog. Follow us on Instagram (@therealbeyondnorm) and YouTube (@beyondnormeats) to get the latest exciting updates and videos.
Serves 4 persons
2–3 slices of the freshest fish fillets (snapper or grouper)
300ml homemade stock/water
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
10 slices Yu Zhu (Solomon’s Seal Rhizome)
4 Hong Zao (Red Dates)
3 pieces Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root)
3 pieces Dang Shen (Codonopsis Pilosulae)
1 tablespoon Gou Qi Zi (Wolfberries)
- On medium heat, combine the herbs and the homemade stock in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, turn it to low heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Rinse the fish fillets then pat dry.
- Season the fish with some salt and pepper. Then place them in a flat-based bowl.
- Prepare a steamer and let the water boil.
- Pour the herbal sauce over the fish. Then steam on high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or till the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the steamer. Drizzle with Shaoxing wine, and sprinkle some chopped spring onions and some wolfberries over the fish. Serve immediately.
Watch this episode of Under 30 Minutes here:
If you enjoyed this video, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel so that you get notified when the next episode comes out!